Words go here.....

Hi! This is a little window into my world. I'm going to get better about posting, I promise, and we're going to have some marvelous adventures together.

~namaste

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Alchemy

Call me crazy, but the new boyfriend has got me thinking fashion again. Yeah, yeah, so I'm twitterpated. But he's amazing. And inspirational.

I'm wondering.....see, I know a lot about magic. Not Disney magic, but magic from history. The alchemists, the Druids, the rune-readers of the frigid north: all of these have fascinated me through the years, and I'm thinking that should be where I'm pulling my images for graphics and logos. A kind of pop magic, if you will, urban wizardry. These symbols are so much a part of our culture, a part of human culture, but still foreign to us in our supposedly more enlightened age.
The alchemists, in particular, fascinate me. Here was a group of men dedicated to the impossible, men seeking after a fever dream of immortality and boundless wealth. They laid the foundations, in a way, for our modern understanding of the universe........

On another note, I have been drinking green tea at the rate of four cups every two hours. What's going on here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs