Words go here.....

Hi! This is a little window into my world. I'm going to get better about posting, I promise, and we're going to have some marvelous adventures together.

~namaste

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Scarves!






I don't know why, but here lately, I've been on a real scarf kick. Making, them, I mean, not wearing them. Jesus, it's been hot the last few days. I guess I slept through the day that Arkansas experienced some kind of geological hiccup that left it somewhere below Missisippi.

But yeah, scarves.

I don't know what it is about a scarf that fascinates me so. It may just be that they're such an easy project. Here's a beginning, here's an end, here's a million variations of color, stitch, pattern, and length. Kind o
f like knitting itself.

I guess I'm just suffering from a terminally short attention span right now (always). If a project hits that magic eight-hour mark, it's game over, at least temporarily. Over the years, there have been exceptions to this rule, most notably a scarf I finished in a single twelve-hour sitting, but by and large, if it's more than a certain number of hours, or if the progress is slow, it's just not gonna get done.
I like seeing the results of my work, which is why I still have yet to produce a full sweater for anyone.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to tie up everyone's ears and time with a long piece. Just wanted to update so people know that I'm still breathing -- reading, swearing, and occasionally even venturing out of the house. Talk to y'all later.






~namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs